Skip to main content

Temporary anal fistula leaves lasting abdominal and anal fissure pain

I started having pain in the rectum mostly on the left side after accidental straining in the toilet on 22nd August. Prior to that, I was having indigestion in the stomach continuously for several days. Assuming that it was a fissure, I started using the dilitazem ointment along with kusumolin and sitz bath. I continued to walk about 10,000 steps per day. I also started using jatyadi tail by Thursday.
On Friday I went to see a surgeon at Fortis. He said there was induration within the anus and since it was quite painful, he said an ultrasound cannot be done and he would prefer an MRI . He put me on antibiotics and asked me to take an MRI if the pain does not reduce. The pain was down on Saturday but again came up on Sunday and therefore I went to do an MRI on Monday.

The MRI showed a fistula. Then I went to meet surgeon again on Tuesday, August 30. He said that I should prepare for surgery but then I can wait for it because there was no pus formation. On Wednesday I went to meet Ayurvedic surgeon who said that there was pus near the spine and that I should get surgery done immediately. He asked me to get admitted to the hospital on Thursday because of the pus spreads, then it can become fatal. He further said that he is not available on Saturday and Sunday and so if I get admitted on Thursday then he can operate me on Friday


This was very alarming so I asked my to father come immediately. I consulted another Ayurvedic practitioner on Thursday morning and he said that I can wait for surgery.

I could not arrange for the logistics for admission but did go and visit the first ayurvedic practitioner in the hospital on Thursday afternoon.  I booked a room for Tuesday. Meanwhile on further research, I found that there was another faster daycare surgery called video assisted anal fistulectomy. I went to was at that surgeon on Monday, September 5. He said he could not see a fistula. He did detect bogginess in the anal sphincter on the right side and tenderness on the left side In addition he put me on tablet Chymoral  forte stating that either it will open the fistula and he will be able to see it or will remove the infection.

By Thursday I had developed intense abdominal pain on the left side. I went on Saturday and he said the anal sphincter was fine but because I was complaining of pain he asked me to do ultrasound and also meet a neurologist. The ultrasound was all clean except small stones in the kidney. The neurologist said that there is no neuropathic pain and the only thing which you could think of was one rare disease for which he wanted me to do a test

So now I sit with left abdominal pain not able to walk much and wondering what to do. I am using TENS machine and ultrasound and few minutes of massage around the navel where it hurts the most and hoping the pain would go away.

If anyone reads this blog and has got our shared experience or a solution, please leave a message.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Use Cavilon to avoid skin damage if you use kinesiology tape regularly

I have found kinesiology tapes to be very useful in managing chronic pain due to fibromyalgia. It has been very useful to me in also managing the pain due to shoulder tendinitis. In fact, kinesiology taping was the only way that I could brush with my right arm when affected with shoulder tendinitis. However, applying tapes repeatedly over the course of several weeks starts damaging the skin and it becomes difficult to remove the tapes also. This is especially true for regions where the skin is a relatively softer like the anterior neck and  area near to armpits. Cavilon has been very helpful to me by making it easier to remove the kinesiology tape thereby reducing the chance of the skin getting damaged. Using Cavilon is straightforward. Just before applying the kinesiology tape, you just spray it over the area on which the tape is to be applied. It is relatively costly but if you have to use the kinesiology tape over a long period, there does not seem to be any other

How US Tax Reform Affects Patients with Chronic Illness

It was messy, but it is finally done and over with! On December 22, 2017 the tax reform bill , or 'a giant tax cut ' as President Trump calls it, has finally been passed by both houses and has been signed into a law. It is not immediately obvious how the tax plan impacts patients with chronic illnesses. Views in the media are often tainted by the political prism through which the commentators tend to look at this issue. Plus there is limited discussion of the specific provisions that can affect patients with chronic illnesses. In this post, I am outlining some of the major provisions of the final bill that may affect chronically ill patients. Bear in mind that I am not a professional in accounting and taxation . However, I seem to have had more than my fair share of tax problems and as a result, I have become overfamiliar with the IRS website and publications. Article continues after the ad To make it easier to wrap our brains around this complex piece

Reduce finger, wrist and forearm pain due to computer mouse usage with Gentle Mouse

If you are reading this on a computer screen, chances are that you would have clicked your mouse at least a couple of times to navigate through this content. And in most cases, the finger used to click would be your index finger. Now imagine doing this repetitive movement every few minutes, day after day, year after year and you can easily infer that your fingers are at an increased risk of repetitive stress injury (or RSI) due to mouse overuse. The common name given to this painful condition is  Mouse Finger .  The 'Finger' in Mouse Finger usually leads a person to believe that the pain is restricted to the fingers alone.  However, from what I have surmised after reviewing anecdotal evidence and medical literature, it commonly presents as a cluster of symptoms in the finger, wrist and the forearm. Perhaps that explains why there are no easily available research studies pertaining to Mouse Finger alone. Most of the research studies consider these symptoms as a part of